Saturday, January 9, 2010

perspective

it is amazing how much influences our perspective on life. How sleep and a full belly change your perspective!

Today we watched the 2 big boys play their first ever basketball games - it was so much fun! J learned a lot about the details in the game today - with mom, the coach and the ref trying to explain the center line to him in different ways! :) Then P was just an amazing bundle of energy on the court - could hardly contain his enthusiasm!

But yesterday? Different story! I figured out about 3pm that when you begin year committing your time, your mind and your year to God, you make someone else upset! I mean really. Not only did I make these crazy, wild goals for 2010 - but I am following through!! I mean, I have my verse memorized! I have been reading my Bible every day along with Manna's plan, I have spent time in real prayer each morning and again at night too. I have stayed true to my goals to limit computer time. All of it. I am actually following through.
Well, the spiritual warfare officially began yesterday(Friday)! I just felt mildly depressed. I could not cook : oven broke and I almost killed myself (literally) trying to take it apart, then due to sparking I was afraid to turn the power back on so I lost use of the cooktop too. I cannot do dished : the plumbing is completely backed up and the water will not drain. I cannot do laundry : see dishes part & know the plumbing is linked (go figure!). I cannot sew : I cleaned all my sewing up the day before and wanted to bless Robert with a clean living area. I did not have school to do : we finished the day before. So what do I do??? My back was the worst it has been in weeks. Result : Janelle feeling lost and really depressed. I wanted to call Kristen to have a mini-pitty party. But I knew that I needed to turn to my verse and my God for comfort. So I did. But my verse is


Blessed is the man …[whose] delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers. Psalm 1:1-3

Do you notice the last part? Whatever he does prospers? Well, I did not feel too prosperous yesterday (despite the fact that I did not get hurt). So instead of wandering aimlessly through the afternoon, I found my book, and snuggled in at the couch with various kids at different times reading my book while the other non-snuggling kids played games and puzzles on the floor nearby. About 7pm (the kids normal bedtime) Robert arrived home with hot pizza. So the day finally ended and it was a good ending to a bad day.
But Saturday seemed to be a different story. Between great ball games, we were on our way to see the Mavericks play while the kids spent the night with cousins! yeah! Robert's brother Brian and wife Lisa gave us tickets for Christmas with the offer to watch the kids too! So it was a much needed break for Robert and I! Amazing how your perspective changes when you get some sleep and have something fun to look forward to!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...