Monday, December 30, 2013

Catching up

I feel like I have been gone from this blog for ages!!  It seems life has gotten a bit busy and I have not been able to keep up with both real life and on-line life!!  Oh well.

So, what is new?

We went on an amazing hunting trip!!  AMAZING!!  We were so excited to go hunting with Texas Youth Hunting in Brown County.  We hunted at a ranch owned by Brad Brookshire (who owns the grocery stores too).  All three boys were able to participate, and both J and P harvested 2 deer, and Eli harvested 2 turkey!

I have not put anything on here because I still do not have all the pictures (some are stuck on one of the guide’s cameras).  But here is some of what I have :

and a few more:

 

Some of the ones above were shooting before we went hunting – the kids were thrilled to shoot at AR15 that a friend owns. 

For our first hunting trip (for all 5 of us) it was absolutely amazing!!


Next was our trip to Michigan – we visited Robert’s folks for Thanksgiving and had a great time!  We drove up on Monday/Tuesday before the Big day and then stayed through the following Monday. 

We saw a bit of snow, watched the play Peter Pan, saw Frozen the movie, and ate far too much food!!  We did get to see some family too that we had not seen in some time!  It was a great trip!!


Once we got home I finally looked at the calendar to see when my Does are due (female goats) and low and behold!!  Jan 2.

pregnant goapregnant goat 1

We were not too excited when one of the had a bloody discharge and then friends told me that she was going to miscarry.  But so far so good.  I keep feeling the babies moving in her and she is not having that discharge any more.  So we will see.  We should have baby goats any day!! 
Next task will be naming them.  Lovely!!  We are expecting a total of 4 – total guess, I think each girl will have twins, but there could be triplets or even more.  A single birth is unlikely but still possible.  I will be sure to post pictures!!


Finally we had a great Christmas!!  Leading up to Christmas we had some fun with our church (carolling, Happy Birthday Jesus party, etc).  Then we enjoyed a shrimp boil for our Christmas meal!!  (loved the clean up and the prep!!)

Far too many gifts, although many were very practical!!  The boys thrill was rockets – they loved firing them off and then retrieving them! 

That’s about it.  I hope to be more consistent on here – we will see…..

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...