Monday, November 18, 2013

Book Review : A Simple Christmas Wish

I love reviewing Christmas books!  It kick starts my holiday spirit, it gives me some sweet stories to enjoy, and then I can gift these darling books to friends!! Win/Win!

simple christmas

Today’s book is A Simple Christmas Wish by Melody Carlson.  This is a perfect book to snuggle up by the fire with some cocoa and read.  I flew through this book as it is a light fun read, but the story is one that will grab your heart. 

Melody writes in a way that you are drawn into the story and you want to keep going until the end.  She paints a picture of life in both a high rise apartment in the city and an Amish home with just the right amount of detail.  You can feel the atmosphere but you don’t get lost in the details (if you know what I mean).

I fell in love with Holly from the very beginning and I watched she dealt with devastating loss, and yet clung to a great hope.  As Holly’s Aunt Rachel helps her cope and plans to make a life with her, neither sees the future ahead of them.

There is a bit of intrigue in this story, you will wonder why several things happen, and as those stories are revealed more relationships are started and a bit of love  is in the air as well. 

This is a sweet story that anyone would enjoy.  This is certainly appropriate for young adults as well, without any hesitation.  A great gift book for Christmas, one that could be passed around the family throughout the season!

I love Melody Carlson’s books!  Check out my reviews of her book The Christmas Shoppe.


Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. Available at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...