Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Full Cup

Well after a great day visiting friends, getting books, going to church and staying up late talking, I feel like my cup is full.

Of course it is almost midnight and I cannot sleep so I must not have filled it too full. Or maybe it is from seeing friends and telling and retelling our current story to many people that my mind is racing. It seems like so much is going on, and yet so little at the same time.

First, I need to mention my dear friend, who does not get nearly enough credit, who has really carried me through much of this crazy time. She is the type of friend who shows up when you are packing up your house, have already packed most of your kitchen, and comes to help. She brings supper, she has a few hours, and she offers both to you without expecting reciprocation.

She comes back again and again to help you make sense of your disaster of a house - she tells you what to pack and helps you do it, but most of all she keeps you moving when you want to throw in the towel and quit because you cannot seem to make any progress.

She calls to check on you - sanity check when you are living so far away your phone, your computer and well that is about it - none of those things work. She just checks to make sure you are still forming sentences, nurturing your kids, and enjoying life all the while.

Come to think of it, as I sit here and describe one dear friend in particular, I think about the many friends who I have - who God has so graciously placed in my life - who are carrying me when I cannot walk any further.

Jennifer has saved my sanity too many times to acknowledge - physically packing, mentally organizing, and just being a good friend in a really trying time. Today she saved my sanity with books - a bunch - many that are favorites - you know you have a good friend when she lends you a favorite! So I am about to trek back to the country life with lots of books to get lost in in the days to come.

But Kim is saving my sanity with a house this month. A wonderful house - with so much to keep the kids entertained - it really still feels like heaven to me!

And .... well, I cannot name everyone - so I will just leave it at two today - but let me count the many blessings.... well I am counting many right now. Many people who really love me and my family. While there are valleys during this trek, there are so many people praying for us and encouraging us, and just loving us that the valleys are short and almost okay. Well they are okay. We continue to feel God's love in a very physical way, through those people he is using. From an uncle who continues to check on us, pray for us and offer more options, to a mom who is full of encouragement no matter what, to parents offering to open their home once again to our loud and energetic brood. God is using each of you, and we thank you and feel loved through you words, prayers and actions!

So while I sit here tonight unable to sleep, in a home with wi-fi :) I feel loved and blessed and cared for. In a time in my life that I need to feel that because things as I know them or are used to know them - are no longer. We no longer have any idea when Robert will go to work again, when we will have our own home again, or where any of that will be. So we are trusting God to reveal it all to us in his perfect timing like always.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...