Monday, September 6, 2010

more waiting

One more day of waiting.  The movers arrive tomorrow morning, they will pack for 2 days, and then hopefully load the truck on Thursday.  I am really hoping we can get the truck loaded on Thursday and then delivered Friday so that I have all weekend to unpack the house!  I hope!

So many things going on while we are waiting.  First I seem to think the house needs to be picked up before the movers arrive – this is my over-achieving nature I think.  I mean I know they will not care how clean my house is, but a tidy house is easier to pack.  But I do not have the energy to really get it too much tidier!  So I tried to tidy up as much as I could yesterday, I took down lots of pics from the walls today (to patch the holes) and I think we need to get out of this place for a while!!!

God has been really working on my heart through all of this – through the mess, through the anxiety, through it all.  He has really been asking me to give up my control in all things – in the moving, the packing, the cleaning.  I think he wants me to really let him carry those burdens (although they seem so insignificant!).

Another reminder this weekend has been to be grateful.  I heard this from him, in Sunday school, through a favorite blog – so I am thinking God wants me to live out gratitude more than I have been.  I feel like I need to be more grateful for the yucky stuff in our lives.  Grateful for the person aggravating us, grateful for the moments we have no control over, grateful for the answers we do not want to hear.  It is so easy to count our blessings and be grateful for all the good stuff, but how often do we wake and thank him for a bad night of sleep?  One that will make us appreciate the good nights more?  One that offered us hours to pray that we normally do not have?  I know that I do not.  Instead I wake up grouchy – and that is no way to handle anything!

So, as we go through this next phase of relocating, finding a new church, making new friends, and getting settled into our new home, I hope to find gratitude in every turn.   I mean, I believe God is sovereign so why would I not trust that all that he allows in my life will be for my benefit (even if it does not feel like it at the time).

So, thank you Lord for this time of waiting, for the blessings that will come from it, and please help me to find joy and gratitude in all you allow to cross my path!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...