Sunday, September 19, 2010

My Hero

This post is a few days in coming.  Last week, Thursday I think, Robert finished some fabulous projects!!  The most important one was in our kitchen (you know I love my kitchen!) – now it looks like this:

malakoff tx 2010 005

I just love it!!  I did take a before shot of the sink, but my memory card was not in :( – but trust me, it was in need of replacement!!  The sinks were very shallow (as shallow as you can have) the faucet was very old and not very good – and well, this is just so much prettier to look at!!  And I love doing dishes in this new sink!!

The other project he finished was our dear little girl’s room – her fan was replaced with this one

malakoff tx 2010 004

The last one was a metal one, that I am sure was capable of decapitating.  While Robert figured she would learn, I was not willing to make such a sacrifice for that fan!  So now we have a nice white one in there that will not hurt her too bad if she chooses to jump on her bed!!

Robert has been working so hard in our new home.  He has not really had a day off since we got here, he does not even get Sunday mornings off to spend in church.  This weekend he was working.  So tomorrow he comes home and there are so many things we need to get done.  But as we choose to be intentional in many areas of our lives, we need to intentionally make sure he has some time “off” as well.   

I was so thankful for all projects he has finished and his heart to work so hard to serve our family. 

 

Time For Fall Canning!!

 

Start with a simple pear

fall canning 2010 003

add some of his closets friends

fall canning 2010 004

Core and cut up – put in a pan with about 1 inch of water in the bottom

 fall canning 2010 002

Cook until done – this took me about an hour maybe?

While they cook prep your jars (clean, put in boiling water)

prep your lids (put in very hot water)

and get all your tools out

fall canning 2010 007fall canning 2010 008  

the above pic is a ricer that am using for the first time!!

Betsy got it for me to make gnocchi but pear sauce will work too!

Once your pears are tender you put them through the ricer – this catches all the peels and it makes it the texture your would expect in apple sauce.

I added the juice of a whole lemon, about 1/4 cup of sugar and about 1 Tablespoon of cinnamon.  Brought it back up to a boil.   Then put it into my jars.

fall canning 2010 005

Drop the jars in my waiting boiling water bath and boil for 10 minutes.

Final product:

 fall canning 2010 006

2 quarts, 1 pint.  I expected more, but really this was virtually FREE!! I already had the jars, I picked the pears here and at my dear friend April’s house.  So I have 3 jars of semi-organic pear sauce I made! Not too bad!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...