Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Meal Planning

We are still working on eating healthy.  It makes my head spin though – try to cut out sugar, and well there is fruit everywhere, and how can you not eat too much?  Cut back on processed stuff, but then I hear I need to lower one son’ carbs… ugh! 

I am trying to plan more meals out, makes the day smoother, and puts less stress on me.  But now, I need to plan low carbs (for one) and low sugar for all, and we are out of meat (for another week or two) – but have lots of chicken…. see what I mean.  My head is spinning.

So here is my meal plan for the next week or so…

Tuesday : Crock Pot Steel Cut Oats , veggie quesadillas & bean dip, Burritos & leftover Santé Fe chicken

Wednesday : Fried Egg Sandwiches, hummus w/veggies picnic, Baled Potatoes (crock pot) & salad

Thursday : Giant Breakfast Cookies & Smoothie, Sloppy Corn Muffins, Venison Steaks, grilled potatoes, salad

Friday : Breakfast Burritos, Tuna Salad, Pizza

Saturday : Hard Boiled Eggs & fruit, left-overs, Roasted Chicken

Sunday : Granola, fruit & yogurt, grilled cheese, Mexican Bowtie Pasta

Monday : Egg muffins, BYO Salad , Tilapia w/quinoa & salad

Tuesday : Baked French Toast, hard boiled eggs& veggies & fruit , Beans & Rice

Wednesday : Breakfast Burritos, Baked Potatoes, roasted chicken

Thursday: Baked oatmeal, Veggies & hummus, Tacos

Friday: Granola Fruit & yogurt, grilled cheese , BBQ chicken pizza


We are picking up our Organic Veggie co-op delivery tomorrow, so more veggies will be sprinkled all about the meals we have, but this is the bare bones of our schedule.

I keep thinking I will figure out some part of this, then I read something and it makes my head spin  more.  I guess I just need to rest in knowing I am doing the best I can, and relax.   But it is hard!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...