Sunday, January 10, 2010

Scripture Sunday

I wanted to share a verse tonight - hoping to memorize this one this week. It was a verse my dear friend here in Irving shared with me on Wednesday night. She linked this verse with Proverbs 31. As a woman who has studies this chapter and felt intimidated more than once, I was thrilled to see Alicia link these two passages of scripture. So here it is :


His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.
2Peter 1:3

Do you see the promise in that verse. First, I was reminded that God does not want us to feel guilty and intimidated by his word. He hopes to encourage us and inspire us to reach for him. On top of that, he has equipped us to attain the goals he sets before us by giving us all that we need. So when we start to feel inadequate or think we are not good enough, we need to stop and know that if we think that of ourselves we are also saying He is not good enough to help us. We are good enough, because he is in us and helps us be who he calls us to be. It is not about us trying harder, doing more, or anything else. It is about him, what he does through us and in us, and who he calls us to be.

Today was great, Sunday usually is. To spend the morning in the Lord's house and be encouraged and inspired through a sermon, praise and worship songs, and to join together in prayer just has a way to making the small stuff --> small!! And it makes him seem so much bigger! And that is what we need more of!

So another week of schooling my kids and managing this home. We are starting on the right foot, oatmeal is in the crockpot for breakfast, dinner will go in when we finish breakfast - so 2 meals not much prep! School planned for the week. And I think I may even squeeze in some sewing projects.

My focus this week:

Another goal I have added to my list, to increase my joy and thus increase the level of joy in my home. This goes hand in hand with saying yes more - and I hope to focus on that this week. Impromptu game playing, special story reading snuggled on the couch and maybe even some craft time! I may not get it all done, but I continue to reach for that higher level. I hope to have contagious joy in my life and pass that on to my precious children!

Hope you are seeing God move in your life, hope you are feeling him close!

1 comment:

  1. I love your tangible ways of sharing contagious joy! I pray to be able to do the same this week. Great inspiration!

    THANKS!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...