Monday, June 21, 2010

My boy is growing up

J leaving for camp

Our oldest left this morning for a week long church camp.  He was a little anxious on the way.  Mind you, this is not just his first over night (for 4 nights) but this is not normal for us.  He does not leave every day by himself for 8 hours.  We spend most days together, the kids and I, and not apart in different classrooms or different buildings.  So this is a BIG first for us.

But I am so excited for him, for the friendships I hope he makes and for the firsts he will experience : Zipline, some tall tower, and sleeping away from us for 4 nights.

Our second son went to bed sharing how  much he missed his brother, but I think this is good for him too.  A week to be the big boy, to be the one “in charge” so to speak.  It is good for all of them to feel how it is different without their big brother.

So I hope he draws closer to God this week, I hope his relationship gets stronger and he meets Him on a new level.  It is going to be a good week all around!!

PS – notice the Green hair color?  his nails are green too!  Their camp color this week is green!!  So fun!  And the overall theme is Military!  Of course or family loves that theme!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...