Sunday, June 13, 2010

On the Move Again

It has been a while since I have updated on here, things are changing so fast that I guess I was waiting until we knew something solid.

So Robert starts a new job in 12 days in Corsicana Texas – about 1 hour and 20 minutes from our house.  Never did we think we would be moving to the country.  I mean, we wanted this, we hoped for something like this to come along sometime, but really thought it would be many years before we could ever do something like this.

Last spring we hatched our first plan to move out of Mansfield to the country, buy some land and let Robert commute in to the metroplex.  But we knew it would be expensive and lots of driving.  Now we are about to go house hunting where land is very affordable!  It is exciting to see all the opportunities God is revealing to us.

So we are in the planning phase of many different things like chickens, maybe honey bees (that would be next spring), and a dog (or two).  Robert will have lots of building projects this fall and winter as we prepare for a sizeable garden and chickens.  The kids are beside themselves anticipating all the adventures they will have!!

lazyb_logomark

   I stumbled on a fantastic blog today The Lazy B and have learned so many things especially about honey bees!  I love her daughter’s blog too here – I have been inspired by her love of cooking and helping take care of her family.  What a blessing our children are and continue to be as they grow older.

 

  So our adventure continues, and it will be a bit of a journey to get out to the country with our brood.  First we are playing here with friends, then we head out to Maine with family for a while – seeing lots of family and friends along the way, then we will eventually end up in the country!  I cannot wait, it is going to be such fun!!

 

This past week we had a fantastic time at VBS – unfortunately I do not have any pics because one of the other teachers took all the pics – but trust me it was loads of fun!!   The kids are worn out though and may sleep most of the week!   I may too for that matter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...