Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

Yesterday was our Thanksgiving.  We decided to move the celebration for the sake of schedules.  Robert works a crazy schedule – sometimes nights, sometimes days, and lots of time off.  However, a down side is that the plant is open 365 days a  year 24 hours a day – and that includes Thanksgiving and Christmas.  So since Robert was going to be working on Thursday we moved our big dinner to Tuesday!

 

November 2010 052

Wanted to share the recipes:

Smoked Turkey

Mashed Potatoes

Sausage Stuffing (recipe on package)

Cranberry & Pecan Stuffing (recipe on package)November 2010 046

Pecan Pie

 

November 2010 051

Pumpkin Pie

Apple Pie

 

November 2010 047

Sweet Potato Casserole

Green Bean Casserole (a new one for us this year)

Cranberry Salad

 

    We just have so much to be thankful for this  year.  We are so thrilled to be where we are, and yet, I look back on our time these past many months and know that if we had not gone on a long journey with many bumps  - I would never be as thankful as I am for what we have here in the country.  Every time I look out a window or door I honestly feel a tremendous thankfulness over all we have.  We love this house, we love this place, we love it all. 

But if we had not lived 10 months in the middle of Irving I am not sure I would savor all the many parts of this life.

So as we sat around a bountiful table there were so many things to offer thanks for, most importantly for a God that loved me so much that he sent his most beloved son to die for my many sins.  A God that wanted my life redeemed enough to sacrifice his son.  A God that Loved me so much.  I am thankful for that.  Without that God – all this would be meaningless – it would all be stuff.  But because of that God, this is simply an appetizer before the Main dish – a taste before the meal – a snippet – all these good things simply point to a perfect Heaven for all eternity! 

Hope you are thankful for an all-forgiving – all loving, God who loves you so much…….

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...