Friday, July 29, 2011

Weekly Wrap Up : July 29th

Summer-Edition mother journal

In my life this week…

We are busy, busy, busy – of course, who is not?  We had friends over the first part of the week for Cole Camp Session II, it was great, except that I feel like I did not make it as fun for everyone as I could because I was neck deep in school prep!  We start in 3 days!!  Oh my!!

In our homeschool this week…

We have our building/school ready to go, a few corners still need some cleaning, but we are operational at this point!  Notebooks/Binders – a new thing for me this year, are ready & waiting for little hands.  The kids are pretty excited, they love the binders and the fun stuff we have planned, I hope their excitement does not wane!

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…

We went bowling this week with friends – for FREE!!  Through Kids Bowl Free summer program!  Hope to go one more time, but I know we will do this more next year!!

My favorite thing this week was…

Seeing the school come together.  I love the new look and the new arrangement.  I cannot wait to be in full-blown school mode!!

What’s working/not working for us…

Death – we lost a rooster this week – and it was due to a raccoon, who is also now dead.  I hope that the death at our farm slows to a halt here now!  I told the story with more detail earlier today.

Things I’m working on…

Refining everything for Monday.  Making sure I have not bit off more than I can chew on.  Wanting things to run smooth from the start, so trying to get many of the kinks ironed out now, before my kiddos are sitting around the table with me.

Still working on my Master Planner too – so far I am loving it.  I took stuff from just about everywhere and I am thrilled to have everything I need in one place.  Now, let’s hope I do not misplace it!

I’m reading…

The Colonel’s Lady – a book I was not thrilled to get into, but I am really enjoying it now.

I’m cooking…

Bread, bread, bread, rolls and oh yeah, more bread!  We head to the Farmer’s Market first thing tomorrow morning.  Hoping we sell it all and get some spending money!!

I’m praying for…

Friends in Uganda on a mission trip from our church

rain – oh please Lord, send some rain!!

A photo to share…

AGs first fish

My little girl’s first fish!  A whopper!  He is in the freezer awaiting some friends to get fried up with.

Coming Up:

Stay tuned & check out the upcoming blog hop

2 comments:

  1. That's an amazing fish! Good luck with your start to school next week. I love the start of school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a GREAT first week! (We start back 9/7.) So, if you know chickens - how can you tell the roosters from the hens when they're 6 weeks old? LOL Nice fish!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...