Sunday, January 15, 2012

Book Review : Chasing the Mona Lisa

It is no secret I love all kinds of books.  Through reviewing books for a number of publishers I am so blessed to be able to read many more varieties of books that I ever would have other wise.

I love when a book can entertain and also teach, all at the same time.  I have really enjoyed some historical fiction I have read recently. 

This book, Chasing the Mona Lisa by Tricia Goyer and Mike Yorkey,  was one of those books.  I loved how this book told an interesting story while illustrating the possession of Art during WWII.  I knew that Hitler acquired many pieces of art, but I had not idea how he went about it. 

 

I enjoyed the characters that take center stage, the Swiss OSS agents have a budding romance that grows through their adventures.  The other characters I enjoyed following along with were Rousseau and Colette, one fighting for the resistance and the other working in the Art world at the Louvre.

This story was very interesting to follow, some great action, a bit of espionage and a few twists and turns, all sprinkled with a little romance.

This is the first book I have read by Tricia Goyer and Mike Yorkey, but I am certain it will not be my last!

I strongly recommend this book if you have any interest in WWII times, France, or simply enjoy historical fiction!  Check out the video below and I am sure you will want to grab a copy of this book and read it for yourself!

There is even a discussion guide HERE

I hope you check out this fun book!

NOTE: I did receive a copy of Chasing the Mona Lisa, at no cost, in exchange for and honest review from Baker Publishing Group.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...