Thursday, January 15, 2009

New Creation(s)

New Creations - what a concept! This is going on in my life on so many levels!!

First, I wanted to share my Bible study for this week. We are in Titus 3 still, our memory verse is verse 3 and I am not firm on it yet but here it is:

“At one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures. We lived in malice and envy, being hated and hating one another.” Titus 3:3

These are the six points that Heather (our fearless leader) is asking us to focus on before bed and when waking. I have the waking down, the before bed is some how forgotten.... oh well.
1. I am a sinner, no more perfect than any of these who have offended me.
2. I can only pray for these men or women, and I need to commit to do so. I can not control their attitudes or choices.
3. I need to ask myself, am I living as the new creation God created me to be? (See 2 Cor 5:17.)
4. I need to ask myself, “Am I foolish, disobedient, deceived, enslaved, envious, or hate-filled?”
5. God is the only one who can change me.

6. I need to ask Him to show me the areas where I have slipped back into my old ways, because He made me a new creation!

Okay, so the most profound part of this week's study is almost a footnote..(see 2 Cor 5:17) with point #3. I was out with the ladies this week one evening and was in a discussion with a great friend about an issue she was struggling with from her past. It reminded me of how I continually struggle with certain issues from my past too. And how we both can deal with certain parts, but others we continue to struggle with. The next morning (Wednesday) I looked up Corinthians and that is what I chewed on for a while and journaled about. Then God gently asked me to share with this friend my thoughts. I of course thought it was a silly thought and disregarded until he told me about 2 more times. So some of what I shared with her is here:

17Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

I just thought and prayed that I am that new creation - it is the new me - not the old. The old is that person I was before I knew him - or even before my walk became more intimate. I just asked that he would help me to delight in the new creation that he created me to be. To help me take off the "old" creation that I still so often pick up and carry around as my "responsibility" - and to leave it for him to deal with. I can let Satan whisper in my ear that no one likes me, no one wants to be my friend - they just are stuck with me, blah blah blah - but last night I felt like many of those people really like me. I told him that I am so quick to believe what (someone who does not like me) may think about me and believe it to be true, but then someone like (a person who is highly esteemed) seems to think higher thoughts of me and I just chalk that up to "she does not really know me" - you know? I think this is part of that new creation - if we are really His NEW CREATION then we need to really delight in that new creation - in who we are in his eyes and allow the people he placed here (to bless us) to allow them to really bless us.
Okay - so I just thought about our past that we carry - and that it is Satan who reminds us each day to pick that old self back up and drape them over our shoulder - we need to tell him NO - I am not doing it anymore. I am God's I am NEW and I am going to delight in the person he calls me to be.

So today I chewed on Romans 6:6-7 - I heard it on the way home from church last night...go figure! You think God is drilling something into my head or what? I do not take to subtleties too often and he knows it!! Thank you Lord!

6For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body of sin might be done away with,[a] that we should no longer be slaves to sin— 7because anyone who has died has been freed from sin.

So now, I am a new creation, that OLD YUCKY person I was is no longer - that person was crucified and it died with Christ, but why then do I do CPR on that person every morning just to lug them around and help remind me of my past? Why? I need to let Jesus deal with the past and those who are there with my old self and again - Delight in the new!!
----------------------------------------------

So onto other creations, want to see my latest? And one that was given to us by my Mom for my dear little princess? I finally got it on her and she did like it - and it is just OH SO CUTE!!!

I have been bouncing around in the blog world and have found some great craft blogs!! My latest favorite is Pink Penguin I love her stuff and some great tutorials!! I love it - I cannot wait to make some of her projects!!
Here is my new reversible kids apron! I love them - the kids love them! I can't wait to make more!!
Christmas side....


Fun boyish side for the rest of the year!!

So we are creating lots of fun stuff here as part of the new year! I love to play!! My next new creation......felt food!! Bet you can't wait to see it!!

Thank you to my dear friends who are praying for Jim, I will keep you updated - but yesterday all three boys received a letter from him - there were thrilled!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...