Saturday, October 16, 2010

pieces of an incomplete puzzle

missing_puzzle_piece 

I love to see the picture beginning to take shape.  The picture is the big picture of our life out here in Malakoff.  We moved out here with numerous expectations, while so many cautioned our excitement and joy.  Not a few people clearly expressed that we were moving too fast, or that we did not know what we were embarking on.  They think we are a little crazy right now.   Boy, are/were they wrong!

 

 October 2010 Malakoff Life 001Robert & his radishes

(he may have a future in radish farming)

 

This life agrees with us. 

It agrees tremendously with me (i.e. no more anxiety issues, or sleepless nights, or panic attacks), my children are eating it up as fast as they can, and my husband is just plain happy.  This country life, the Saturday mornings of planting flowers, clearing flower beds, cutting acres of grass, it is just what we were looking for. 

wyeth puzzle N.C Wyeth – Old Kentucky

 

So as we watch different pieces falling into place, my heart is just  about exploding!  We have added a couple dogs to our family and they are just about perfect!  They are the best 2 little puppies, and I have no complaints at all.  I love that we have 2 sisters to entertain each other when we are off to school, or out on a field trip.  I love that they love to romp and play with each other as much as running and playing with the kids!

And we are not done adding animals!!  Stay tuned for the next addition…..

Yesterday, I was able to get away from the family for a couple hours (okay – most of the day) and recharge my batteries at a CM conference.  CM is Charlotte Mason, she is the “designer'” of the style of education we use in our home.  We follow the guide offered by Ambleside but it is thoroughly based on CM and her philosophies about raising children with Living Books.  This was such a great time away, the conference was small with about 15 ladies in attendance.  Sonya Shafer is the woman teaching us (she is from Simply Charlotte  Mason) and she was just wonderful in offering tons of practical ideas and methods.  She offers many amazing resources too, but I did show some restraint in that I only bought a book on Habit Training and a DVD of the conference from today since I was not able to go.

I have been pouring through her website pulling her Book Of Centuries and her Scripture Memory notes too.  I have printed out some maps we will use Monday for our first Map Drill session, and I can hardly wait to “restructure” our days of school basing them more on some of her suggestions than on what I thought I understood before.  I am almost say tomorrow is Sunday and we cannot do school tomorrow (not really though!).

So I am just excited to see how God is continuing to work the details of this new life out here – and teaching me how it should look versus how I want it to look.  I am enjoying seeing it unfold and how my children are responding so well to it all.

I also think I have found a new pick-up location for our favorite organic veggie co-op!!  We loved this vegetable co-op so much in Mansfield and Irving, and I have been missing it terribly these past few weeks!!  I noticed a friend is the pick-up of the same co-op in a town outside of Tyler (an hour away) and thought maybe there would actually be one closer and low, and behold!  There is!!  Just about 10 miles away!! I cannot wait to get back in the habit of getting my ORGANIC veggies from Monica and her amazing co-op!!  God is so good –and let me assure you – HE IS IN THE DETAILS!!!

Producebox

Note: here is a great post on Map Drills from fellow Ambleside user Amy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...