Sunday, October 17, 2010

Pumpkin = Fall (in our home)

    kids in doorway 

Today started with one of our favorite foods/flavors!  We had pumpkin pancakes with chocolate chips this morning for breakfast!  How can you not have a great day when it starts that way?

2 kids in door

Then off to a great church service, meeting new Home School friends in Sunday School and then home.  After catching up on some errands in the school building, we made it in for some chili quesadillas for lunch followed by a pumpkin pie in a glass smoothie!!

gourd house

I love Starbucks Pumpkin Latte – but when I stopped to get my one and only one (so far this season) and my 5$ gift card carely covered it, something in my mind registered that it may just not be worth all that hard earned money!  I mean, I love it – but $5 for a drink???

cute pumpkin

So after watching the Vitamix guy make an Apple Pie in a glass smoothie at the fair, I decided I could make one similar!

Here is what works in our home:

Pumpkin Pie Smoothie

1/2 c (up to 3/4 c) yogurt

1 cup canned pumpkin

a couple sprinkles of pumpkin pie spice

about 1/2 cup Chai Tea Mix (recipe here)

the I put a lot of milk in the blender – I have a 8 cup blender maybe?

then about  1 and a 1/2 cups of chopped ice

mix it all up – I added a bit of honey

[note: this is very precise and if you vary it may not turn out :)]

then I poured it into kid cups – 4 of ‘em

topped with a little whip cream (what kid does not love that part?)

and a drizzle of caramel sauce!

Voila – a special afternoon treat – don’t tell them it is in the healthy category with all that yummy pumpkin!

I could have added some flax too – I should have – did not think about it – but would make it healthier!!

 more gourds

About a week ago I indulged in a delightful Pumpkin Dessert thanks to Eryn – and took her recipe to my Mom’s night out with my homeschool group.  It was perfect!!  Make sure you head over and check out Eryn’s recipe (here)!!

And oh my!! I just found THIS fabulous Autumn Spice Granola recipe – check it out & make some!  I plan to! Maybe today!!

more pumpkins

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...