Friday, October 21, 2011

Weekly Wrap Up : October 21st

homeschool journal

In my life this week…

It has been a whirlwind around here!  School is in its groove, we are moving right along with our amazing Ambleside books!

Fall weather has certainly arrived, we even had our first fire in the School building stove!  It was so fun!

In our homeschool this week…

We started George Washington by Genève Foster – and it is going to be a favorite – I can tell!   JB even finished a book he is going to review about General Pershing!  I cannot wait to see what he says about the book, I know he really enjoyed it!

Helpful homeschooling reminder (I need to hear)…

Patience is key – key to my success and key to theirs.  As I am trying to teach them about patience, I am reminded that I have yet to master it myself!!

 

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…

This was the week we made our annual trip to the Texas State Fair!! Oh My! So much fun!! This year we took A along with us and I know she had a blast too!

 

We enjoyed the bird show, the pig races, and the BMX bike show.  The kids were able to operate remote control Raptors with Ford and climb a climbing wall with Jeep.  So thanks to the Car Makers!!  The kids are loving their new {free} hats too compliments of Ford & Toyota.

Our corn dogs were okay, but the Turkey Leg was one of the best we have had!!

Things I’m working on…

A Christmas plan – I am trying to get a plan of gifts, schedules, food and all the fun stuff so that I can get my ducks in a row!  I love Christmas!  We take December off from school and enjoy lots of Jesus stuff that month!!  I cannot wait!!

Coming up this week ….

ED has his follow up heart appt – so we are trekking up to Dallas to visit the Boy Scout Museum in the morning and then off to see the Heart Dr. in the afternoon.  Should be a good day.  We appreciate any prayers that you are willing to offer for a good report and peace no matter what!!

I’m reading…

I am reading a great book on Autism!!  This is a book I will review next week.  I requested this book because I am fascinated by Autism, and it seems to affect so many these days.  I have been blown away by this book and the young lady who writes it with her mother.  I am excited to pass it on to a few friends next week too!!

I’m cooking…

Granola is in the oven right now – Vanilla Almond with cranberries.  Smells lovely!!

Our favorite dinner this week was Chicken Sante Fe – we enjoyed it over rice on Tuesday and then wrapped in tortillas on Thursday!  Wonderful!  I will post my recipe next week!

I’m grateful for…

Cool weather, warm tea, good books and beautiful sunsets!!

I’m praying for…

My boy and his health, as well as patience for myself.

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

{from facebook – a friend posted it}

"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you never really know if that person really said it.". ~Abraham Lincoln

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...