Saturday, February 4, 2012

allowing truth to be truth

So, what do you do when things do not go the way you hope?  When you are investing and see nothing coming from all your work?  When no matter what, all you feel like you are doing is correction/discipline, over and over.

I am not sure the right answer, honestly.  But I know that, just as God is still working on me, I must admit and allow for the fact that God is still working on each of their little hearts too.  I was, gently, reminded today that I am planting seeds daily.  I may not see those seeds (all of them) sprout, may not see much fruit, but if I continue to plant them, one day they will sprout and grow and hopefully bear fruit!


Do you not know?  Have you not heard?  The Lord is the everlasting God, the creator of the ends of the Earth.  He does not grow tired or weary, his understanding no one can fathom.

Isaiah 40:28

(our family memory verse this week)


 

So while I am very frustrated, and I feel like I am dealing with issues we should no longer be dealing with, I can see there is some goodness in their hearts.  They are memorizing multiple verses at one time, and really learning them.  So, yes, school may be crazy, but if they are getting these truths and verses in their hearts, maybe I am doing exactly what I am supposed to be doing. 

Maybe, and I should say, certainly – the truth of God is far more important than an algebra problem, a grammar sheet, really anything.  So if that is true, then maybe I need to not stress so much about the other stuff.  It will work out.


James, a bond-servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ,  To the twelve tribes who are dispersed abroad: Greetings.

Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

James 1:1-4

(J & P are memorizing this for Sunday night study of James)


Being raised an only child, I am just not sure what this family should look like, how much I should tolerate as acceptable in their behavior, what I should let go.  I want them to behave, but life with one child looks so much different than a life with 4 children – especially 4 within 5 years of each other.  And I daily have to remind myself that these boys are good boys, they love Jesus with all their heart, they are just simply energetic, busy, and active boys.  Sometimes I wish that God would send me a text to remind me of these things.  It would sure help me to handle things without losing my cool, much more often!

Always good to remember God’s truths, remember who made me and who made these precious gifts I get to raise for a few short years.  Hoping next week goes better, maybe with a better outlook and attitude my week will be better than I expect!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...