Friday, February 3, 2012

Weekly Wrap Up : February 3rd

The-Homeschool-Mothers-Journal-graphic

In my life this week…

I dug into another {amazing} book and am thoroughly hooked!  We trekked to Dallas for some fun, and we are still eating little/no sugar daily.  Woo Hoo!

In our homeschool this week…

Well, another story all together.  School days are not moving as efficiently as I would like.  I have not figured out the root of the issues we are having, or I would hope to not be having them.  Days are still too long, and kids are too distracted!  However, I am hoping this is simply a result of the crazy weather and that we are simply dealing with Early Spring Fever!!

Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…

Not sure I am feeling too helpful these days, and surely not worthy of offering advice!

I am inspired by…

Why I do what I do.  If I was not inspired by the the goal at the end of this, I may just have to throw in the towel.  I am inspired by the fruit I have glimpsed, but would sure love to see more fruit daily with more of my “students!!”

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…

We trekked to Irving to see the KLTY studio this week and had a fabulous time!

infront of studio window 

Then after a yummy lunch at Cici’s pizza (and some great Tom & Jerry on the tv there) we made our way to downtown Dallas.  I was not sure my kids would enjoy the Dallas Museum of Art, but I was so pleased when then loved it!  I heard, more than once, that this was “the best museum ever” – what music to my ears!!

My favorite thing this week was…

The DMA – and the excitement of the kids seeing an Andrew Wyeth, a Mary Cassat (we studied her) and lots more fun things!  I loved seeing how much fun they were having!

Gang at DMA

 

What’s working working for us…

----check back next week to see

Things I’m working on…

Working on applying some things I learned in the book Organizing Small Spaces, trying to make some changes in the order of our home.  So far, I am loving the changes!

I’m reading…

The Last Plea Bargain by Randy Singer (the book I am hooked on) and about to read Hunger Games.

I’m cooking…

This week, I am learning to use Sucanat to replace sugar in our regular recipes.  So far, I have loved the chocolate sauce and caramel sauce that made my coffee ~wonderful~ and still “sugar-free” – cannot wait to try more!

I’m grateful for…

The habit of gratitude, I love picking up my gratitude journal and filling it even when things are not going so well.  Makes me see how blessed I am, even when I am not “feeling” it.  I am grateful to Ann Voskamp for instilling this habit in my life!

A photo (or 2) to share…

at KLTY studio

At KLTY Radio Station – so fun!!

AG and chicken 2

The Chicken Whisperer

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...