Friday, March 9, 2012

Outrageous Chocolate Chip Cookies (sans sugar)

This sugar free living thing is certainly not black and white.  And, honestly, I really like life when it is black and white.  I know what to do, I follow rules, I like it when it is easy.

cookies close up

But as I am on my third month of a “Low/No Sugar Lifestyle” I am learning that life without any sugar is no life.  Life with artificial stuff is not much better than being addicted to the sugar itself.  So what do we do?  I am finding, that better choices – are the way.  Not the right choice, because I am not sure there is a right, unless you say no sugar, and like I said, that is no way to live.

So recently I went off with a  group of dear friends for the Sally Clarkson conference, I knew there would be tons of sugar, and more than tons of chocolate.  So, before I left, I decided that after 7 week of no sugar, that I was going to enjoy whatever that weekend.  However, I also went equipped with healthy options. I made my own chocolate chips cookies – my favorite recipe of all time, and I modified it to get the white, refined icky stuff out.  I was so happy to have my friend here when I made them, she was very experienced in sugar free baking, so she suggested options to help me out.

 

Below is the recipe I used, I made it again tonight, since Robert will be coming home tonight after a week away.  A week working out in the mornings and a week of trying to eat healthy while eating every meal out.  So I wanted a reward for him when he gets here.

So here is my fail-proof recipe!  Enjoy!

cookies on rack

 

1 cups butter

2/3 c honey

1/2 cups succanant

1 cups peanut butter

1 teaspoons vanilla extract

2 egg

2 cups all-purpose flour

1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon salt

1 cups rolled oats

2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:

You have scaled this recipe's ingredients to yield a new amount (72). The directions below still refer to the original recipe yield (18).

1.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

2.

In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, peanut butter, succanant, and honey. Stir in the vanilla and egg until well blended. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into the batter just until moistened. Mix in the oats and chocolate chips until evenly distributed. Drop by tablespoonfuls on to lightly greased cookie sheets.

3.

Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, until the edges start to brown. Cool on cookie sheets for about 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...