Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Review : Coconut Oil

My how I love Coconut Oil!!  I always have some on hand, and order it often to ensure I do not run out.  Order it, you wonder?  Well I order it because where I  live, the coconut oil that I can buy locally is highly refined.  So, rather than run out & buy a lower product, I try to keep some on hand at all times!!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I love it!  I use it all over my house and for tons of things!!

1.  I use it to bake with : Brownies, Cookies, muffins, Granola etc

(replace the called for oil in your recipe and go!)

2.  Hair Management : I scrunch my hair with coconut oil on my hands once I comb it out after a shower, and let it dry naturally.  I moisturizes my curly hair and keeps it from getting frizzy.

3.  I use it as a moisturizer, I simply put it on my hands and rub on my hands, arms, legs, anywhere I am dealing with dry skin.  Oh yeah, I use it daily on my face and neck.  DAILY.  This is my moisturizer for my face, PERIOD.

4.  I made Lotion Bars with it – and they have gotten rave reviews  from friends!!

5.  I stir fry with it, make soup, and saute fish and other things too.

6.  This may seem odd, but I use it for homemade deodorant too – and LOVE it!!

That is just a few of the ways we love coconut oil.

There are many options when it comes to coconut oil.  I have fallen in love with Tropical Traditions oil, not just because of the quality, but I love the heart behind their company!!

{Also, check out my give-away HERE}

Check out many, many PINS on Pinterest with TONS of ideas of uses for Coconut Oil.


I have read many articles on why you should use, and eat coconut oil but I cannot remember them all, so you should check out what these people say (or google it yourself):

Happy Healthy Mama

Natural News


And here are a few of those benefits:

Some of the benefits of coconut oil:

  • Reduces risk of atherosclerosis and related illnesses
  • Reduces risk of cancer and other degenerative conditions
  • Helps prevent bacterial, viral, and fungal (including yeast) infections
  • Supports immune system function
  • Helps prevent osteoporosis
  • Helps control diabetes
  • Promotes weight loss
  • Supports healthy metabolic function
  • Provides an immediate source of energy
  • Supplies fewer calories than other fats
  • Supplies important nutrients necessary for good health
  • Improves digestion and nutrient absorption
  • Is highly resistant to spoilage (long shelf life)
  • Is heat resistant (the healthiest oil for cooking)
  • Helps keep skin soft and smooth
  • Helps prevent premature aging and wrinkling of the skin
  • Helps protect against skin cancer and other blemishes
  • (I found this list HERE)


    You can also watch the video they produced about Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil:

    clip_image002

    Tropical Traditions is America’s source for coconut oil. Their Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil is hand crafted in small batches by family producers, and it is the highest quality coconut oil they offer. You can read more about how virgin coconut oil is different from other coconut oils on their website: What is Virgin Coconut Oil?

    Tropical Traditions also carries other varieties of affordable high quality coconut oil. Visit their website to check on current sales, to learn about the many uses of coconut oil, and to read about all the advantages of buying coconut oil online. Since the FDA does not want us to discuss the health benefits of coconut oil on a page where it is being sold or given away, here is the best website to read about the health benefits of coconut oil.


    To see some other videos, check out HERE.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...