Thursday, February 25, 2010

Running

I am not a runner.  I have been reminded that this week.  Not a runner – as in put on your running shoes, running bra and go run – but a runner as in always on the go.

 

We have been given a gift of sorts.  Robert has had some changes at work that allow him to go in a little later – so I have some time in the morning to get some things done sans kids.  Don’t get me wrong, I can pack up my brood with no warning and do some serious grocery shopping, run here or run there.  But the dentist is one thing I have been putting off for months because they usually do not love when you arrive with 4 kids in tow.  SO I checked that block this week.  I made it out to JBF to stock up on some great items for my little princess.  I even enjoyed a great lunch at a new place in Arlington – Potager Cafe – it is a new place (well a year old or so)  you pay what you want.  They make the food each morning – the menu changes every day.  The food was wonderful!  So fun!

 

Ok, so back to running.  It has been a long week.  Get school done with the kids, keep them quiet and then run out to take care of some things.  It is great to get to do the dentist and even the JBF sale.  But I do not like to run.  I like to snuggle up in my house, I like to sew, I like to be home.

 

So I am looking forward to, not next week, but the following week.  I am looking forward to, hopefully warmer days, and staying home.  Savoring the day with my kids.  Slowing things down.  I think that is what God wants for all of us.  I know that looks different for everyone – the slowing down part.    If we are going too fast, we miss what is going on around us.  You know?  Like if all I am doing in a morning is rushing through school, trying to get some chores done and then running out – am I really doing my kids any good?

I know there are days we need to get more done than others, but how often do we stop everything and listen?  To our kids?  To God?  I know when I am running I am not really listening to anyone.

So I am looking forward to slower days.

I will say though praying BIG this week has been powerfully changing my life.  I am reading a book called Praying Big for your Child – I have mentioned it before.  I have always known the importance of praying for your child.  But these last few weeks I have been praying different prayers.  Even with my boys at night, when they mentioned Haiti the other day.  Both my older boys prayed for Haiti.  And then we talked about how we can specifically pray for Haiti – how to pray BIG for Haiti.

These last few days I have been praying BIG for a very dear friend.  I am praying that God moves in a miraculous way.  So if you are reading this and you are the praying kind, will you join me in my private prayer?  Pray that God moves so big it will not be attributed to anyone but him.  Pray that God will bring a softened heart and a heart of repentance and a heart of forgiveness.  I am so broken over this right now – it is just tearing my heart apart.  SO please pray.  My friend really needs your prayers too.

And I encourage you to join me in praying BIG too – it will change how you see God, change how you approach his throne, change you.  It has been amazing and it feels so amazing to talk to the Lord with power and authority!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...