Saturday, December 17, 2011

Staying in and snuggling

It’s Saturday and I suspect it is crazy just about everywhere but here.  We had many plans for today, going and fun, but yesterday was a hard day for me.  Some vague bad news arrived yesterday and more disappointing news later in the afternoon.  The worst part?  It’s Friday and I cannot resolve anything for at least 2 days.

It has been a trying couple of months, medically speaking for our family.  We are still trying to sort through what we know and even more of what we do not know.  Needless to say it results in a bit of a rollercoaster ride, at times.

So, after just an all-around bad day yesterday I decided to stay in.  We had a few movies still on the list of “To Watch” and today turned out to be the day.  Not to mention some poison ivy, a possible ear infection…and so on.

Meanwhile, all morning I was struck by all the things we have to be grateful for.  While I never took the fact that (I thought) my children all had perfect health, I still do not take for granted that it could be worse (although in my mind sometimes it sure can seem pretty bad).  So I am falling back into the habit of offering thanks when I want to cry, maybe yell, and maybe even throw something.


Today, I am thankful for

~ adoption

~ plan B’s even though they were God’s plan A

~ friends who offer comfort and encouragement with HIS words

~ knowing I am blessed no matter how hard things can be

~ a sweet movie from a friend that all the kids loved (Samantha)

~ move Christmas cards arriving – praying for loved ones near and far

~ eggnog pancakes, eggnog coffee cake and lots of hot cocoa

~ a county willing to stand up for what they believe to be right

~ a good husband, whose silence is comforting, and who loves me

~ a God that knows all that the future holds and is not rattled by any of it

~ the plans HE has for my children, my need to set my plans aside

~ Kristen

~ a bed warmed by a little girl on a cold night, while her Daddy works, who gets to sleep with me

~ boys who are not yet all grown up – and willing to still be my little boys


And the other thing I thought I would share is just that if we knew the road ahead, we would not need faith to navigate it.  Faith is only Faith when we cannot imagine how to get through the journey without him.  Faith is trusting him when you cannot see how it can possibly be okay.  So, please pray that my faith will continue to strengthen as we travel this path.  Please pray that the news will not be as bad as I worry it might be.  Simply, please pray for me and my family.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...