Saturday, December 31, 2011

What is to come….

Oh my, I think I may have blacked out – how is it possibly, almost 2012???  I am not sure what happened to 2011…

Well, I guess I may have lost track of time among: A new roof, a new calf, incubating chickens, a dry pond, a drought all around, a huge garden to till, plant, and harvest; four kids getting another year older, schooling 5 kids in 4 different grades, a myriad of doctor appointments (and more to come), oh the list goes on and on.

As I sit and plan our meal for New Years Eve (normally fondue is involved) I am filled with mixed emotions, excitement for what is to come in 2012, but a little bit of loss over the end of 2011.  What a year for our family.  It has been a great journey this past year, we are all finishing up our Bible reading, the boys are done with their reading (New Testament, Psalm & Proverbs) – next year they will take on the whole shebang!!  My youngest son will join in with the New Testament, Psalm and Proverbs, my daughter hopefully work in some proverbs as she gets reading down.  My husband and I, I think will tackle the whole Bible again.  I so enjoyed it this year!

This year we stayed close to home, except for me and the princess as we needed to go east for my USMA reunion.  This year, it looks like we will be travelling the globe again!!  Not sure it will be a record for states, but we will certainly get in a few we have not been to (well, the kids anyway).  We are so excited to be going to Florida with my in-laws for an AMAZING trip to Disney!!  Still cannot believe it!!  What a blessing!  Also this fall we will be trekking north and east again to the wonderful land of Maine – and hope to spend a good bit of time up there studying ocean life, beaches, and New England.  I may even get a trip to Boston into the mix for us to walk the Freedom trail.  Oh the places we will go…..

But as the calendar fills up, I am wondering what 2012 holds for my spiritual growth.  As we embark on a new year, awaiting genetic testing on my youngest two to determine what they have, I keep coming back to trust.  Trusting God.  Trusting him with the little things, and the big.  Trusting him to fill me with patience, kindness, love and compassion even when I am not feeling it.

I think that is the theme I will cling to this year.  It is going to be a great year, but there may be a few bumps in the road, and as we deal with those, I will be trusting God in all things.

So as 2012 approaches I will be clinging to Him as I trust all that comes my way, trusting I will handle things with the grace and mercy he handles me with!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...