Monday, April 6, 2009

Precious Time

It just flies by. It seems like it anyway! I cannot believe that my dear little girl is going to be 3 on Friday! I cannot believe it! I mean, where did the last 3 years go? I know that in those 3 years Kristen has managed to add 2 to her family, but it just seems surreal in a sense.
Time.
It just flies by in the good and the bad times. I struggle to hold the precious time I have with my kids in my hand and savor it. But as I try to hold tight to it, it slips out and runs away. The days go by so fast. So I just pray that God is taking my fleeting moments with my kids and allowing them to soak in and make a difference. I mean, that is what it is all about. Leaving a Legacy. I want that. I want my children to grow up and look back at our lives together and feel joy and feel loved more than anything else. I hope that they will look at the hours we spent around our school table or in the park or just reading on the couch and remember the moments that we shared. Not just me with them, but them with each other.
I see their friendships strengthening and that is such a gift. These boys really treasure one another, they have pure joy in their faces when they look at one another and tell each other stories or replay an event. I see the love they feel. When one falls or gets hurt, the others are there to support the injured one and really offer comfort and support. I even am starting to see it with their sister. When the two little ones are alone with each other and they play, I see the love they share. My little girl just loves those big brothers, she looks to them for everything, and they love to provide it all to her. I know that if we went different ways each day for school this special relationship would not be allowed to flourish like it is.
What a gift!
Well, as we plan to celebrate a little girl birthday on Friday there is already so much to do! A tea Pot cake, cupcakes, and more! But it will be fun and I think she is going to love it. The boys will be having a boy party in the back with cousins and friends so they will be entertained too! It will be fun.
But bittersweet too. To watch our youngest get older and more independent is hard sometimes. Watching her demand that she do it her way is tough, but at the same time I love to see the little girl she is becoming. A sweet girl, who loves her family but is very shy to strangers. A girl who always has a smile for me and her daddy and hugs for all of us. She really is just precious, but I do wish the time would slow a bit so I can enjoy her younger days a little more!
Well I must go grab some of those precious fleeting moments with my kids while I can.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...