Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Simplify

That is what God has been laying on my heart for some time. So that is what we are about to do in many areas of our lives.

Not going to go into much detail, but let's just say that as God was gently telling me to simplify he yelled it really loud yesterday.

So as I was slowly starting to simplify, as of yesterday we are going to start quickly and efficiently simplifying.

God is just so good all the time. Even in the storms of life.

I am really starting to see (especially through Stellan and his family's fight for his life) that God is there even more in the storms, holding us when we cannot stand, comforting us when we cannot cope, and giving us this supernatural peace when the storms are tearing off windows and doors.

We are in a storm. It officially started - well the warning signs on February 21st about 2pm. That was the first weather report something was coming. Then about 2 weeks later another weather report to let us know it is still coming and bigger than initially predicted. Then each week we heard how it was growing and strenghtening, and well, it hit yesterday. I think we are in the eye of it right now. The initial hit was a blow to all of us. But there is so much peace in the eye - which is really in the gentle hand of God. He is holding us. We are enjoying the peace and I am planning. My nature.

So, I am excited. Have you ever gone outside after a crazy storm? It is a mess. But it smells different, you can almost feel it in the air - like electricity. And that is what we are feeling. But like I said we are in the eye right now. And everyone knows that there are 2 parts to the biggest storms, and the peace in the eye is not the sign it is over. I expect some difficult decisions, and tough days, but as I look forward and trust that God is the bringer of this storm, I am not anxious or worried. For the first time in my life, I am kind of glad to not be in charge - or really trying to be in charge. I have gladly given up the reigns and I will go where I am led.

That is so freeing!

So I hope you stay tuned to the weather channel here - to hear what God is doing and will do in the storm in our lives!

One of my favorite scriptures....

2 When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze. Isaiah 43:2

I am reminded we are just passing through this storm - and that it will not overtake us or set us ablaze! What a promise!
(and just because it is 4:30am does not mean I am fretting, I woke up thinking Anna was screaming - and once I was up I could not turn off my mind. So I am enjoying a few moments of a perfectly quiet house while the rest of our brood dreams!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...