Sunday, January 2, 2011

It’s a New Year

It happened.  The year ended and a new one has begun.

So many things I hope to change this year, really tweak more than change.  I mean, I do not want to give up a huge bad habit, instead I want to be more consistent with many of the things we already do.

But while I say I want to do that, I also want to do less. 

Less running here and there.

Less buying things we do not need.

Less clutter and stuff.

Less filler.

Why less?  Because when we clean something out we make room for something else.  If I am not running here and there so much, I have more time to say YES to playing a quick card game.  I have more time set aside for quiet time.  So I want less to make room for more.  I want less meaningless stuff – and more REAL stuff.  More playing with these little ones growing way too fast.

So I am excited, many things I hope we do this year  : read through the Bible (with Robert, JB and PJ), make quiet time a REAL priority, play more games, pray diligently and daily, demonstrate kindness all the time to my children [this is going to be a challenge to not get upset and not turn into MEAN mommy], remember that I do not have to please anyone else – that by living a life pleasing to God I will please those who matter the most!

So I hope you join me on this journey into 2011 – a journey that promises unexpected turns in the road, hazards along the way, but glorious sites as well!

My verse for this year:

I am the vine, you are the branches.

He who abides in Me, and I in him,

bears much fruit; for without Me

you can do nothing.

John 15:5

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...