Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sunday Summary

Today we were blessed to have sweet friends over to play, eat and talk with!

We enjoyed our slow-cooked pork loin as pork tacos, Spanish rice, and even some homemade tamales!  I may have to post some pics from those and my recipe.  They were not as superb as the ones I made in November with my mom and Louie, but they were okay.  Our friends thought they were great, that inspires me to make some better to show them I really can make some decent tamales.

Thought I would organize my week tonight and look back over my meal plan, get my oatmeal in the crockpot tonight for breakfast in the morning and get some beans soaking too!

Here is my meal plan for this week {nothing fancy – but cheap}

24 ~ Monday: Beans & Rice

25 ~ Tuesday: Meat Loaf

26 ~ Wednesday: Veggies

27 ~ Thursday: Chicken & Dumplings

28 ~ Friday: Pizza

29 ~ Saturday: Spaghetti & Sausage

30 ~ Sunday: Beef Stew


AHEbutton2

Not sure I shared this before, but still following along with Ann’s system to memorize Colossians this year!  We are on week 4 – this week we are committing the following to our minds and hearts:

You learned it from Epaphras, our dear fellow servant, who is a faithful minister of Christ on our behalf, and who also told you of your love in the spirit (v7-8)

Not too bad this week, last week was a killer, still working on the last part:

the faith and love that spring from the hope stored up for you in heaven and about which you have already heard in the true message of the gospel that has come to you.  In the same way, the gospel is bearing fruit and growing throughout the whole world – just as it has been doing among you since the day you heard it and truly believed. (v5-6)

(see what I mean about killer?)

so this week I hope to polish last weeks and get this weeks done! 

Anxiously waiting for this book to arrive -

comp_1000gifts_revised-1

I honestly cannot wait to start reading it!!  So excited to have a few ladies to share all that we are learning in this book with each other!


Lastly, I wanted to share what has worked for me the past few weeks.  I have enjoyed using this daily docket to organize my days.  I love that it has dinner on there, a place to put a verse I am working to memorize - or just need to be reminded of,  A Most Important Item list and then a to-do list.  I tried it for a while, and I really like it!

Trying to make the most of my Sunday night – getting ready for a great week!!  So many things to be grateful for!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...