Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wordy Wednesday

As I am trekking along on this journey, there is lots of tweaking – lots of adding to our routine, and lots of dropping of things that are not working.

This week, I have become more aware of my need to be in prayer through my day, not just in the morning during quiet time, or before my feet hit the ground from my bed, or before drifting to sleep each night.  I need to have times in my day I am reminded what is vital to my day.

So, since I always have my phone near me (even in the school building in the back) I decided to set an alarm to go off twice a day.  Just a simple reminder to stop what I am doing and lift up those in need of prayer (myself most of all), and just offer some thanks.  So about 10am and 2pm, an alarm will sound to remind me to pray.  Turn my heart to Him, settle my thoughts, settle my day. 

Ann @ Holy Experience says that we should dismount stress with prayer and gratitude.  If I get into a habit of stopping my day to pray, I think I will become more aware of the stress when it does mount and more likely to take a minute to pray it away.  It is all about being deliberate with what we allow to define our day – we have to be in control of the stress, or at least try to.

Another fun thing we are trying to work in is some daily exercise.  The best part of this is that I was hoping to be more regular about working out this year and have been failing!  Then Robert forwarded an email from work that details their incentive plan!  So, I get to work out now and earn a few bucks!  Really, a few bucks.  But you know?  I wanted to anyway, just could not actually get myself doing anything, so it seems all I needed was the promise of a few dollars, and I will exercise!  yeah!  Feeling pretty motivated – I guess I needed a tangible goal!

Read this one morning this week – good stuff!  I need to really meditate on this and pass it on to my children!!


Moral Benefits of Wisdom

1 My son, if you accept my words
   and store up my commands within you,
2 turning your ear to wisdom
   and applying your heart to understanding—
3 indeed, if you call out for insight
   and cry aloud for understanding,
4 and if you look for it as for silver
   and search for it as for hidden treasure,
5 then you will understand the fear of the LORD
   and find the knowledge of God.

Proverbs 2:1-5


Lastly, wanted to share our most favorite Meatloaf recipe – I love meatloaf in general – but oh my!!  This is the best meatloaf ever!!
 

This is my version of the Rempel Family Meatloaf from Allrecipes.com

Ingredients:

3 pounds lean ground beef

1/2 sleeve cup crushed buttery round crackers

(you can use more or less depending on your preference)

3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

1 T dried minced onion

1/2 c chopped onion

1 T dried minced garlic

4 eggs, beaten

1/3 cup ketchup

1 squirt of mustard

2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce

 

Glaze

1/2 c ketchup

1-2 T honey

1-2 T worcestershire sauce

 

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

2. Mix eggs, ketchup, mustard, worcestershire sauce together and set aside.  Toss the crushed crackers, all the cheeses and the minced seasoning together and then pour the wet stuff on top.  Mix briefly with hands (if you can)

3.  I put a few slices of bread on the bottom of my pans (to soak up the grease) then after cooking I take them out and toss them.

4.  Mix rest of ketchup, honey and worcestershire sauce and pour on the meat loaf once in the pan – as a glaze.
5. Bake in preheated oven until the meatloaf reaches 160 degrees F (71 degrees C) and is no longer pink in the center, 45 to 60 minutes

 

Wonderful!  Served yesterday with mashed potatoes.  The best part?  Lots of left overs!!

We make 6 little ones in a large muffin pan – one per person, and then I put the rest in a loaf pan for left-overs!!  I love meatloaf!!

 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...