Saturday, April 30, 2011

Book review : Becoming a Family that Heals

Oh my, it has been so long that this book has been on my shelf awaiting my review.  Life has gone through many ups and downs in the past 2 years – and I am now getting to my review.

 

Becoming a Family that Heals: How to Resolve Past Issues and Free Your Future (Focus on the Family)

This was a very good read.  It is a book that should really be used as a great resource to help dig into family problems that you want to address, resolve, or simply change. 

I found the approach that Drs Beverly and Tom Rodgers took to be very useful. They offer practical solutions to typical family issues. They use stories from experience and counseling to coach the reader along in seeing and identifying struggles in their own families.

I believe that by going through this book, the reader is able to understand why they approach life in the manner they do. It helps us to see how we have learned to cope with certain things in our past and to see how that may be guiding choices today.

I especially appreciated that the authors clearly identify that some family issues are more than simple family issues, but can be rooted in spiritual attacks. The Rodgers address that the family unit is under attack and that we need to be aware of that when we try to work through issues.

I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to resolve past issues, work through current ones, or who simply wants to understand more about human behavior.

i_review_for_the_tyndale_blog_network

(To comply with new regulations introduced by the Federal Trade Commission, Tyndale House Publishers has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...