Sunday, August 14, 2011

Book Review: The Colonel’s Lady

 

the colonels lady

I requested this book to review before I thought very much about it.  Had I thought, I may have missed out on a great book.  I am not one who prefers romance novels, however this book was delightful!

I started reading this book thinking it would take a while, I expected to force myself to finish.  Three days later, with tears in my eyes, I closed the book.

I loved the historical element that Laura Frantz wove throughout the story and the characters; her vivid descriptions of not only the frontier they lived in, also the type of  life they led and the food they ate, was captivating to say the least.  The amount of time and energy she invested into researching this story is evident in all the descriptive details and the depth of each of the characters.  The spiritual threads in this story are endearing and inspiring as the characters each learn to trust in God through their trials and struggles. 

Laura Frantz’s writing is very poetic, and her words create vivid pictures in your mind.  While this story has a strong romance aspect, there is some mystery and intrigue as well, which keeps you turning pages, and possibly up all night.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book, despite my expectations and I would highly recommend The Colonel's Lady to anyone who enjoys a great story with some history, romance and intrigue all wrapped in one.

 

Available August 2011

@t your favorite bookseller from Revell,

a division of Baker Publishing Group.

 

Note: Revell book did provide my copy at no cost, in exchange of an honest review of the book.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Janelle, Bless you for your heartfelt review! I'm so happy you enjoyed the book and am thankful you're my reader. You have a beautiful family!
    ~Laura

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...