Friday, August 5, 2011

Weekly Wrap Up : August 5

Summer-Edition mother journal

In my life this week…

It was up, it was down.  It was good to have some early betimes and that allowed for earlier wake up times.  I love to get up early and have a great good quiet time, and I had that opportunity several times this week.

We started school!  YEAH!! 

We started this week to get things kicked off and give us a week of normal school just us, before A joins us on Monday.  I had low expectations, really just trying to get back into the routine.  It went well.  We hit the ground running, with just  a few bumps.  So, so far, so good!

 

In our homeschool this week…

All of our curriculum choices and our plan for the year can be found on my Monday Post – linked up with the “Not Back to School Blog Hop

We started Grammar this year – for my oldest!

And Spelling for both my older boys – and they both loved this!

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…

not really anywhere with anyone.  Whew.  It was good to have a slow week here at home without anyone else.  Once in a while it is good to have weeks like this.

What’s working/not working for us…

Staying inside. 

If you are not tracking with where we are (Texas) we are cooking right now, and not slow cooking.  We are broiling.  You know in Texas, we like to go big or go home.  Well, we are working on a new record – I think the current record is 47 days of non stop 100+ days and we are on track to blow that out of the water.  Ughhh..  Not sure we needed a new record.  Meanwhile, we are losing chickens (2 so far) and it may get worse.

Things I’m working on…

I’m cooking…

Pioneer Woman’s Chicken & Noodles – Yummy!!

Friday is bread day again!  I am planning some muffins, made some granola to take too, and of course my yummy bread!  Reg Whole Wheat, Orange Cranberry, Cinnamon Raisin and Jalapeno Cheddar. 

I’m grateful for…

My husband who has stepped up and assumed the discipline of our boys.  This has taken a huge burden off my shoulders and it is making our home much more peaceful.  Still not perfect (never will be) but I am so very thankful for a man who will step up and back me up, and more!
I’m praying for…

My friends at Tate Springs, as they said goodbye to an amazing man this week Alvie Allison.  What a portrait of a Godly Man.  He loved everyone and impacted so many people. 

Well Done, Alvie!  You were a good and faithful servant.  Cannot wait to see you again on the other side!!

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

my country girl – love the dress and the boots!

my sweet girl (2)

Coming Up 

If we are hatching eggs this week – it will be Tuesday!  Cannot wait to see if we have any!

3 comments:

  1. Cute picture. I'd be staying in the house to if I lived in TX. It's been in the 80-90's here in Detroit and that's hot enough =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a very hot summer in phoenix also and lost two of our chickens to heat (and two to predators) big bummer. the two we lost due to heat were such good layers! RIP effie and sunny! stopping by from the HMJ linky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow! I don't think I could live in Texas! LOL We had a COUPLE of 100s this summer and I roasted! And the 90s were pretty hard too! I'm liking our 70s right now in Maine!

    Poor chickens! How many are you hoping to hatch? We incubated twice this spring. Out of 16 eggs we got 10 chickens. And it looks like only one rooster out of the bunch! (They're 11 weeks and 15 weeks now.)

    Stopping by THMJ!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...