Friday, August 26, 2011

Weekly Wrap Up : August 26th

homeschool journal

 

In my life this week…

We are in week 3/4 (3 for the younger, 4 for the older) and things are going well.  We did have day with the older ones out helping their father cut down a tree.  The time flew by for me with the younger ones!  reminded me of when we just did Year 1! 

We also trekked up to Fort Worth to see my Dad for his birthday this week.  Had a great visit, yummy lunch, and then we stopped and bought J some new pants (he has grown), jeans, and shoes. 

In our homeschool this week…

We are settling into our routine.  This is a good place to be with 5 students schooling in 4 different grades.  I think we have worked out most of the bugs and we are getting everything, I was us to, done.

 

Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…

We plan our favorite reads for the last reads of the week – this keeps everyone engaged so we can get to those.  We also keep things short and simple – we are constantly moving to another subject after about 5-10 minutes in the last. 

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…

Today, we are going to our Home School group kick-off at an indoor waterpark!!  My kids have never been to one, and are so excited they can hardly stand it!  We are pretty excited!!  A great ending to a good week!  We are looking forward to seeing many of our friends up there too!

What’s working/not working for us…

4 Day School weeks!! Loving it! 

We chose to do this, so that Ally could have Fridays with her Mom, who has off.  We are all loving having Fridays off.  I am going to use the day to catch up on life, and push J to move ahead on his math. 

This is working so well for us!!

My favorite thing this week was…

Moving the chicks out to the “Broiler” coop – until they are old enough to integrate into the big girls coops.  We also picked up some chicks from the Feed Store – and added 10 Rhode Island Reds (already very pretty) and 4 Aracanas.  By November our coops should be to the numbers we would like, we hope!!

Things I’m working on…

Getting all these books read & reviewed : A Confident Heart, George Washington Carver, A Lancaster Christmas, Not  a Fan, Day of War, and The Queen

{Lots of reading this weekend for me I think!}

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour, if we will only tune in.
George Washington Carver

Our creator is the same and never changes despite the names given Him by people here and in all parts of the world. Even if we gave Him no name at all, He would still be there, within us, waiting to give us good on this earth.
George Washington Carver

(I have loved reading about this fascinating man!  I cannot wait to teach my kids about him!!  Reading about him has reignited my passion about nature study in so many ways!!)

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first George Washington Carver quote has been a favorite of mine for years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to read your schedule...do you have it posted somewhere? I have three...and am still trying to find a groove!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teaching multiple children can be taxing and hard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My son was very inspired by
    George Washington Carver years ago when he first read a biography on him and still talks about it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...