Friday, June 17, 2011

Book Review : Dragons of Chiril

I love to read, but my son may love to read even more than me! I am constantly on the look-out for books that he is allowed to read, but that will inspire him, encourage him, and teach him. The Dragon’s of Chiril did a bit of all three! Initially I chose this book to review because I wanted to see if what Donita Paul writes is appropriate for all ages. It is!

 

As soon as I finished the book, my ten year old grabbed it to read.

This book is an allegory, along the lines of the Chronicles of Narnia, this story teaches about God through the characters and their experiences.

This story is the prequel of Donita’s series. I have not read any of her other books and that did not impact my enjoyment of this book at all. I loved the characters that she develops in the story, I loved that they all have their issues they are working on. They were real and easy to relate to as I followed along on their journey. I enjoyed the introduction of this world’s “God” and how the characters learned more and more about him. The journey the characters embarked on dealt with time travel, dragons (all good), bad guys, and a comic grand parrot.

I highly recommend this book as a great light summer read with some depth. It is a great family read, or a wonderful book to offer to a young reader in your home!

Disclaimer: I was provided a free copy of The Dragons of Chiril in agreement of providing a review of my honest thoughts and opinions, by Waterbrook Publishers.

 

** Please go and review my review if you do not mind!! Click HERE to review it! Thanks so much!!

Blogging for books waterbrook

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...